Body Combat 30 Kickstart
Done and DONE! That was a fun and intense workout! Here is my short preview. Below are a few key things I want to point out about the first workout:
- The music is a lot of fun
- The trainers are a lot of fun and motivating! If you’ve done a lot of workout videos, you know there are some annoying instructors. They are fun, explain the moves well and encourage you along the way!
- The moves in this one are pretty simple and basic but it is high intensity!
- It is very low impact.
- I wish it was longer, the time went by really quickly!
- I can’t wait to do the rest of the workouts!
- Fore more info about the whole program click HERE or follow me on FB!
Let’s do the workouts together!!
*The lighting is off because its so dang bright in this room, sorry about that! And don’t mind my empty house and empty walls… we just moved into our new home!*
Body Combat Challenge Pack Discount
Save $70 this month!
For the month of June, the Les Mills Body Combat Challenge Pack is on Sale!!
What makes LES MILLS COMBAT so exciting?
Who should do LES MILLS COMBAT program?
What is the benefit of a Challenge Pack?
- 30 Day supply of Shakeology (in flavor of your choice)- Feed your muscles and fuel your hard workouts with the nutrition you need to perform your best!
- Les Mills Combat program with 7 workouts DVDS
- Bonus Combat 30 LIVE workout DVD worth $20!
- Team Beachbody Club Membership (meal planner, recipes, nutrition tools, etc)
- FREE SHIPPING
- Me as your coach!
- All of this for only $140!
Here are 2 previews of the Body Combat Workouts!
Combat HIIT Power 1 30 Minute Workout
Combat 30 Kickstart Workout
Feel free to email or contact me with any questions you have!
Weight Training for Women
You have probably see my posts or pictures on Facebook and Instragram about my enthusiasm for weight training and how important I think it is. I’ve seed a lot of people posting questions or comments like these:
- I still have a lot of fat to lose, should I lift weights now?
- I need to lose weight, then I’ll start toning.
- I don’t want to lift weights because I don’t want to bulk up.
- After I get to my goal weight, I’ll start lifting weights to see muscle.
According to ACE (American Council on Exercise), after the age of 20, most adults lose about 1/2 pound of muscle each year- usually because of decreased activity. Our muscles are responsible for the amount of calories we burn throughout the day. As you increase your muscle mass, then your basal metabolic rate (the amount of calories you burn while just sitting around) increases!
So if you are trying to lose weight, then you should be including strength training into your routine 3-4 times a week to help you gain muscle to burn more calories throughout the day. This will boost your fat loss!
How to lift weights? You have 2 options when starting out:
- I really recommend you get a quality at home 2-3 month program that will mix up your routines, work all the different muscle groups, explain technique and form, and also something that will get you results.
- Invest in meeting with a personal trainer at your gym to show you how to use the machines, what workouts to do and how to mix up your routines.
Preform 1-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions until the muscle is completely fatigued. Lift slowly. Breathe throughout the movement. Once you can do the 12 reps correctly, increase the weights.
Women & Weight Training
Testosterone is the hormone which is responsible for the “bulking” of muscles, something which women so not natrually have very much of. Women who look huge and ripped out of their minds are a lot of times taking anabolic steroids (synthetic testosterone) with other drugs to give themselves that look. You will not look like that.
Beginner- Intermediate At Home Programs
Are you ready to get committed? Leave your questions below or ask me on facebook!
Ladies, grab your men and bring out the big guns!!
Who will come out on top?
10 days. 10 workouts. 10 days of healthy meals.
See if he can last!
Are you strong enough? Is HE strong enough?
I’m grabbing my husband to compete against me for 10 days. Which one of us can be healthier?? We will compete 10 days against each other via point system- earn points for specific healthy behaviors, get points deducted for un-healthy behaviors. This is NOT your typical weight loss competition!
$25 per couple
What does the cost include?
- 1 Insanity Fast and Furious Abs DVD
- Box of healthy snacks and samples
- Ashley as your personal Registered Dietitian
- Fitness tips, nutrition and clean eating tips, recipes, accountability & more
- 10 Days of friendly yet intense competition with each other and against other couples
- Winner (healthiest couple) will win a date night with gift cards and healthy treats from my husband and I!
When does it Start?
Challenge begins Monday, March 4th
Must register by February 20th!
Are you READY??
How Long are the Body Beast Workouts
If you are following me on Instagram or Facebook, you probably see that I am doing my second round of the Beachbody Body Beast Workouts.
I’ve gotten asked quite a bit how long the workouts are, so thought I’d share. You spend the most amount of time in the Bulk Phase of Body Beast.
Body Beast Build Phase
- Build Legs: 38 min
- Build Chest/Tris: 48 min
- Build Back/Bis: 50 min
- Build Shoulders: 38 min
Body Beast Bulk Phase
- Bulk Legs: 41 min
- Bulk Arms: 35 min
- Bulk Chest: 30 min
- Bulk Back: 29 min
- Bulk Shoulders: 35 min
- Beast Abs: 10 min
- Beast Cardio: 38 min
- Beast Total Body: 38 min
What Equipment do you Really Need for Body Beast?
All you really need is a variety of dumbbells. Technically the program says you need a pull up bar, bench/stability ball and an ez curl bar. However, I don’t have any of those things and am still getting results. I have a set of Bowflex weights ranging from 5-52 lbs.
More Info on Body Beast:
Where to Order
Toe-Heel-Extension Ab Workout
I made this very short video to show you a new ab workout you can add to your routine. Do 20 Toe- Heel-Extensions on each side, then combine both legs. Do as many as you can. Watch your form. Do not pull on your head. Your hands are placed behind your head for support only. If you feel your lower back coming off the floor, do not bring your legs so low. FEEL THE BURN, BABY!
After you watch this video, feel free to share this page with your friends. Everyone wants a flatter tummy, don’t they?!
Try it yourself and let me know what you think!
New Insanity Workouts
Did you hear? There are 2 brand new Insanity workouts! Both of them are only $19.95 (plus $2.95 S&H). Coaches get 25% off, Club Members 10% off.
If you want to explode past your limits with INSANITY®, you must first build a solid foundation of form and control. That’s why you need Sanity Check—Shaun T’s not-so-crazy 26-minute workout that shows you how to perform each of his insane moves safely and effectively, so you can get maximum results.
Perfect your form so you can push harder.
Shaun T takes you through each INSANITY move step-by-step, teaching you how to control your body and perfect your technique, so you can be ready to go longer and push harder than ever before. And get in the absolute best shape of your life.
Hit the ground running. And keep refining your skills.
Sanity Check gets you pumped up and prepared to take on your full 60 days of INSANITY. Sanity Check also continues to refine your skills every time you use it. It’s a workout you’ll want to keep reaching for again and again!
Here are just a few of the ways Sanity Check maximizes your results:
- Doing Sanity Check every day for one week before starting your 60 days of INSANITY is the best way to prepare your mind and body for the challenges to come.
- Use it again as you transition out of Month 1 of INSANITY to learn Shaun’s next-level moves in Month 2.
- Keep perfecting your form and technique with Sanity Check, getting a full workout every time you do it!
If you were crazy enough to do Shaun T’s Fast and Furi ous workout, then you’re even crazier to do Fast and Furious Abs. Yes, you’ll have to push. You’ll have to work hard. But that’s what INSANITY’s about. And Shaun’s not gonna stop until you get a lean, tight, toned six-pack that turns heads.
Furious moves. Faster than ever.
Straight from INSANITY®, Shaun takes you through his favorite cardio ab and core drills. Now he pushes you as hard as you can go, teaching you how to build up speed while maintaining your control on every move. You’re gonna see a crazy Shaun T today.
Maximize your results in less than 15 minutes!
This is a truly insane 45-minute ab workout-packed into less than 15 minutes. But you know if you want Shaun T abs, you have to do something crazy. Shaun’s on a mission to maximize your results. And he’s not gonna stop until you’re there. Think you got this? Get ready to find out, now.
Body Beast Results
Results are IN! 90 days of Body Beast is COMPLETED! I can honestly say this is one of my very more favorite workout programs! I love lifting weights. I love how strong I feel. I love how lean my muscles look. I love the sweat and hard work that it took to complete 90 days.
So if you aren’t familiar with the workouts, basically Body Beast is a series of workout videos that range from 30-45 minutes long and each video focuses on one or two muscle groups at a time. The trainer who made the program is Sagi Kaliv. He is a very diesel ex- Israeli Army soldier and professional body builder. He has created a program using “Dynamic Set Training.” It uses Single Sets, Super Sets, Giant Sets, Progressive Sets, Drop Sets, Tempo Sets, and more to exhaust your muscles, recruit more muscle fibers, and burn fat.
So the music sucks in the workout, but there is an option when you turn the DVD on to select “turn music on” or “turn music off.” I just turn it off and then play my own music on Pandora Radio or ITunes.
The men in the video are seriously jacked and huge. I have NO desire to look like them, and I’m a little disappointed there are no women in the videos- but trust me ladies, you will LOVE the calorie burn you get from this program!
Everyone’s Results Are Different
Many men who are going through this program are seeing the number on the scale jump up because they are gaining so much muscle mass. Men have more testosterone then us ladies, and it is to be expected that they would see more muscle mass. My goal with this program was NOT to bulk up, but to LEAN out. My weight did not change drastically, but I can see the changes in my inches and also in my shape. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. If you are gaining muscle and losing fat, the numbers on the scale are not the best representation of success.
I am also a very small person. I am pushing 5 feet 2 inches.. on a good day. I have always been a smaller person and have never had a LOT of weight to lose. Before I began Body Beast, I had just completed the Beachbody Ultimate Reset, so I had just lost 5 lbs- which on someone who only weighed 120 in the first place, that is a BIG DEAL!! So I went right from the Ultimate Reset to starting Body Beast. Here are my before and after measurements from before the Ultimate Reset to after Body Beast
Body Beast Results Before & After
To be honest, I am surprised I lost any weight. As I said before, muscle weighs more than fat, I must have really lost a lot of fat and built more lean muscle. Muscle takes up less space than fat, so that is why I lost inches.
I can’t tell you though what a difference I feel with my strength. I have lifted heavier weights then I ever knew I could, I feel so strong and to be honest- I love this feeling! Women who lift weights know what I am talking about, but if you don’t understand, or think you couldn’t get the same results, then you are wrong. I dare you to see what you can do! I dare you to see how strong you can be!
My previous posts and reviews on Body Beast:
For more info about the Ultimate Reset
For shopping info about Body Beast complete program click here, then “shop” by fitness program- Click Here
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Specials
Available Friday, November 23rd, around 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST and ends Monday, November 26th around 9:00 PM PST/12:00 AM EST.
Black Friday Fitness Specials
- P90X + 3 Shakeology Samples, Usually $137, ON Sale for $99 Offer – CLICK HERE
- TurboFire- Usually $119, On Sale for $53 – CLICK HERE
- 10-Minute Trainer- Usually $80, On Sale for $60 – CLICK HERE
- Hip Hop Abs- Usually $60, On sale for $25- CLICK HERE
- Power 90 -Usually $60, On Sale for $45 – CLICK HERE
- Body Gospel- Usually $80, On Sale for $25 – CLICK HERE
- Squishy Ball- Usually $12, On Sale for $4 –CLICK HERE
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Details
The fun begins this Friday, November 23rd, around 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST and ends on Monday, November 26th around 9:00 PM PST/12:00 AM EST. All deals have a limited quantity available and will no longer be available once those quantities have been sold! So ACT QUICKLY!
Why are these Beachbody deals so AMAZING?
1. Get discounted workouts for yourself. Stop using the excuse that it is too expensive to get healthy or lose weight. These programs range from 60-90 days programs, which means for the P90X program, that is about $1 a day to workout!! Even cheaper for the others!!
2. Get discounted workouts to give as gifts. Do you know someone who wants to lose weight or is talking about starting workouts? Do you know someone VERY into health and fitness and you think they would enjoy something NEW? These workouts are great!!
3. Get discounted workout equipment- Okay, $4 for a piece of workout equipment that will increase the intensity of your workouts? WHY NOT?!
4. Get discounted workout programs and you can STILL join my next challenge group. IF you order NOW, your workouts should be shipped within a week (or so), and would give you time to connect with me about my next Accountability Group to stay on track through the New Year.
So, if you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, you’ve probably seen that I am finishing up a weight lifting program called Body Beast. It is a weight training program that helps you to burn fat, build lean muscle and get in the best shape ever!
Well, I recorded myself doing a few of each of the moves during the various workouts. It is just a quick preview, but you can check it out for yourself.
Leave a comment below with what YOUR favorite type of workout is!