How Long are the Body Beast Workouts
Body Beast has grown to be one of my favorite programs. It really helped me fall in love with heavy lifting, feeling strong & powerful!
Follow me on Facebook for my current workout routine!
I’ve gotten asked quite a bit how long the workouts are, so thought I’d share. You spend the most amount of time in the Bulk Phase of Body Beast.
Body Beast Build Phase
- Build Legs: 38 min
- Build Chest/Tris: 48 min
- Build Back/Bis: 50 min
- Build Shoulders: 38 min
Body Beast Bulk Phase
- Bulk Legs: 41 min
- Bulk Arms: 35 min
- Bulk Chest: 30 min
- Bulk Back: 29 min
- Bulk Shoulders: 35 min
- Beast Abs: 10 min
- Beast Cardio: 38 min
- Beast Total Body: 38 min
What Equipment do you Really Need for Body Beast?
All you really need is a variety of dumbbells. Technically the program says you need a pull up bar, bench/stability ball and an ez curl bar. However, I don’t have any of those things and am still getting results. I have a set of Bowflex weights ranging from 5-52 lbs. To learn more about the bowflex weights, click on the image below.
What are the Workouts?
Here are the workouts during the BULK Phase:
- Chest: Focuses in your pec muscles from multiple angles and hitting different muscle fibers. It is 30 minutes long.
- Back: Using Force Sets and SuperSets you do a lot of rows, pull overs, reverse flys and dead-lifts. It is 29 minutes
- Shoulders: You do lateral raises, arnold presses, and more in series of Super Sets and Progressive Sets. Seriously makes your shoulders burn! It is 35 minutes long.
- Arms: Not your average bicep and tricep workout- this one is intense with the Force Sets, Single Sets and Progressive sets. Sagi says you get “Huge Arms,” but I think mine look leaner and fitter! It is 35 minutes long.
- Legs: “Change your chicken legs into tree trunks.” haha NO THANKS! I don’t want TREE TRUNKS! I just want a solid booty and strong legs, and OH MAN it makes your booty and legs scream! It is 41 minutes long.
- Cardio & Abs: For cardio I have been doing Turbo Fire or going for jogs. I liked the Cardio workout in Body Beast, but I need to mix it up and I just missed Turbo Fire too much not to do it. As for abs, I either do the Body Beast abs which includes Russian Twists, planks, crunches, etc. or I do my own ab routine or do another Beachbody Ab workout- like Ab Ripper X or Chalean Extreme Abs.
What are “SETS?”
If you are like me, you have no idea what body building style of workouts really mean. I had no idea before I started this program. Now remember, I don’t want to be a bodybuilder, I just want to do this program to build more defined muscle and become more lean and fit. I’ll explain a few of the “Dynamic Set Training” terms:
- A single set is 1 exercise only. In the Bulk Arms video, we do single set tricep extensions. You do 15 reps with a light weight, 12 reps with a heavier weight, then 8 reps with an even heavier weight, then 8 reps with the lightest weight.
- A progressive set is a pyramid. You go from 15 reps, to 12 reps to 8 reps (like a single set), take a break (about 1 minute and a half), and then from 8 reps, to 12 to 15 reps. When you are doing more reps you use lower weights. When you are doing fewer reps (8) you use a heavier weight.
- A super set is any 2 exercise movements done back to back without rest. In the Bulk Chest workout we do incline flys and incline presses.
- Make sure you have various sizes of free weights or dumbbells. I use Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair) because they range from 5-52.5 lbs. They are easy to use, easy to adjest, durable and take up little space.
There are a total of 6 types of sets you do in the various workouts.
This post contains affiliate links. If you order Bowflex weights from the link I provided on amazon, I will receive a small compensation. I am an Independent Team Beachbody Coach with Beachbody, LLC and will receive compensation if I am registered as your coach and you order from my links provided. I recommend this product because I believe in it and use it myself. You can read my full disclosure policy here.